Monday, March 10, 2014

My boss resignation letter to me



G.S.Ramesh
GS Ramesh

In Dhanbad, just after my induction training, I was posted in one of the Coal Mines which had more than 3000 in strength. When I reported to the office of the Personnel Officer, I was asked to wait, and finally I met my Boss, who welcomed me with a cynical smile. Although it looked different, I settled down apprehensively. 

After 2 days, one afternoon my Boss came to me and hugged me and said that I was the lucky one for him that he got a job and he just handed over his resignation to me and said Good bye. I was totally shocked why to me! When I called my Top Boss, I was told that I was competent and that I could manage and to just handle it. 

Honestly, I never knew anything and I was just fresh from the Institute and again I was confronted with a challenge to prove myself. When I looked around, I found heaps of files covered with coal dust and the drawer was full of applications and papers which has been kept pending for a long time. 

The question which popped up is, what was I going to do now and how was I  going to manage. This reminded me at that time the following :“The will to do springs from the knowledge that we CAN do. Doubt and fear are the great enemies of knowledge, and he who encourages them, who does not slay them, thwarts himself at every step.”-
 
I got two answers from inside me. First one ‘get out and run away’ and the second ‘Don’t be foolish, you can manage’. So the second step I took which I thought would be best is, to reach out and thus the Journey of understanding the essence of HR started  – HR - “Honesty in Relationship”

Disqus Shortname

Comments system